Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bejeweled Blitz

Every time I play this game I get a kick on how it resembles daily life.

There is a 1:00 time limit. This is so you don't frustrate your self to death. You get as many jewels in a certain color pattern for points. You put them in a row of three or four or five. There is a hint button if you get stuck and you can't see what's right in front of you. You hit the button and it points to where your next move is. I have difficulty seeing things fitting in from the left side into the row. I am much more efficient if I keep moving the jewels to the right. I guess I'm use to seeing things on the right. 9 times out of 10, I have to use the hint button, b/c there is a match of colors that are from the left side. I hate using the hint button. There is no one watching me use it, and no one cares for that matter. When I have to use it, it makes me feel weak. What I needed was right in front of me, why couldn't I see it? Why did I have to rely on that "hint" button? Why couldn't I just figure it out my self?The time runs out, the games over. If you choose, you play again. The clock starts again at 1:00 and runs back down to 0:00. The object of the game is to not only beat your score, but beat your friends score.



God gives us 24 hours a day to do life. Some days are better than others. Some days we can accomplish what we need to, others we have no idea why we even got up out of bed. God gives us each a new day to try again. Life some days is a game. You try to make sense of why things happen the way they do. When life is really hard, and life has just been turned upside down, we have a "hint" button. The Bible. We go to the word for direction, comfort, answers. We don't always get answers. We do get comfort in knowing that God is in control. He hasn't left us and nothing that has happened is a surprise to him. It maybe to us, but not to him. I have to admit, it is difficult for me to hit the "hint" button in my own life. I like to think that I know what I'm doing, and nine times out of ten, I really don't. That's the great thing about God. Even though I struggle, he is always there to give me a "hint". Life takes time, and we all go through seasons. It's so important that we are patient and wait on God and not take matters into our own hands. This life that he has given us is a gift. It may not seem like it some days, but it is. We have 24 hours to make a difference, or some days, just wait patiently. You never know what tomorrow will bring. It's important that no matter what the score board in life is telling you, keep going. No matter what your score is compared to your friends score, keep going. Life is too precious, to just give up. Each day, we get another chance to hit the "hint" button in the Bejeweled Blitz game of life. In the end, WE WIN!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

well put Dez! I'm glad you finally wrote it up! Love you!