Wednesday, December 10, 2008

WHAT????


This is my day in a nut shell.

My son whom I haven't seen since July said that he doesn't want us to pick him up from the airport on the 20th. He wants to just meet us here at the apartment. So , who you say will pick him up? I believe the girl that he likes that I thought he was done with. WHAT???-I'm going to pick him up from the airport. I don't care who is there.

My daughter is angry with me b/c I won't let her grow up and live her life. I don't care about her feelings ( said in anger with big alligator tears in her eyes and a clenched fist) I'm just trying to control her. WHAT??? - She will have to get over it. I love her and that's the way it is.

My moms leg started to swell in one place with no reason. You could visibly see the veins in her leg when she stood up. She said it hurt her very much and she had a burning sensation. She said " I hope it's not a blood clot". I am going to go to the emergency room to have them check it out. WHAT???? -she is back from the ER and she is ok. Don't worry.

While my mom was gone someone had to watch my niece and nephew. My mom leaves to go to the Er and my niece looks at me and says the following, "There is only one of you and two of us".
WHAT????-she went to bed on time. I let her brother stay up a little later.

With that ALL being said this is what I learned this morning....

When we maximize our problems we minimize God's greatness. We also minimize in our minds, God's ability to handle our problems.
Seriously, who else is going to handle all of my problems. I have found that when I do, it just makes things much worse. I have to have faith in God to KNOW that he will see me through to the other side. There is a really good reason he is called the ALPHA and the OMEGA. He is the beginning and the end. He is everything in between. He can handle my life all on his own. He doesn't need me to throw a monkey wrench in it.

I have a real tendency to stay focused on what I see in front of me. I've heard it explained as looking at a beautiful picture. It's so beautiful you start to really study it. You pick through it, go over every part of it. Then it happens. EUREKA! You find a flaw. Now you spend the rest of the time looking at the flaw. You try to analyze how did the flaw come into being, how long has it been there, who else has seen the flaw and didn't say anything about it. Does anyone remember the beautiful picture? We get so caught up in looking at what's wrong, we forget to look at whats right. Flaws are there for a reason. My flaws are there to teach me. Most of the time it's to keep me humble when I start to think I can do this on my own. WHAT??? I have a controlling nature. Being a single mom it is so very important for me to have it together all the time. There is no one else to blame here. If it goes bad, it's all me. One reason I liked being married was, that there was always someone else you could blame. JK. A good advantage of being a Christ follower is that I'm never alone.Everyday I get I up, and give all the insanity to him. Beautiful and flawed. Just the way he likes it.

lyrics from a great song we sing at Church at the Bay,
Great God greater than us all forgive us we have made you small, God open our eyes to see.
Who's up for a good eye opener?

No comments: