Saturday, December 27, 2008

New Year


Going from one year to another can be exciting. We all get a start over hoping to do this year better than we did the last. People make resolutions with a goal in mind, determined to have a better new year. I am one of those people. I 'll go back to my famous resolution of losing weight. That lasts till about April for me then it's game over. I hope I will be able to go longer this year, but I don't know. I really like Mc Donalds.

As I stand at the edge of 2008, looking out into 2009 I wonder what God has in store for me. We say goodbye to the old and ring in the new. I've learned so much about my self this year. I wonder if I will get a chance to use what God has shown me? I hope that this year brings me a new job.

I think I'm ready for new things this coming year. New things were so frightening for me in the past. I love to cling to the same. I feel safe there. I'm learning that where there is safety solely relied on me, there is no growth. I want to grow. I don't want to be afraid of everything anymore. My strength and hope are in Jesus Christ. He will never leave me or forsake me. My life is not what I want it to be, but what he has for me. He takes so much better care of me than I ever could myself. I want to find my freedom in his saving grace. Lets all take a leap of faith in 2009 and see what God has in store for us. I can't wait.

I wish anyone who reads this a Happy New Year! All two of you.

No comments: